My basket is empty
Minimize the environmental impact of my production and sales activities.
« Ecology is also and above all a cultural problem. Respect for the environment comes from a large number of behavioral changes ». [Nicolas Hulot]
For Domaine HABRARD, the objective over 5 years is clear:
Produce and sell wines with minimum impact on the environment.
I want to move the whole domain towards a maximum respect for the environment.
Of course, on the vineyard side, from 2011, the domaine will be converted to organic farming. But this commitment also applies to all the various areas of the domain’s management: inputs, effluents, waste, ...
The website is closely tied to this philosophy. For the domain’s commercial activity, it enables us to reduce intermediaries, and thereby the transportation of bottles. Deliveries of purchases made via the Internet, made primarily by the postal service, will reduce the release of CO2 because we are simply taking advantage of the regular daily visit of the postman to the doors of our domain and to those of the customer.
In addition, Domaine HABRARD undertakes to donate to
Yann Arthus Bertrand’s "ACTION CARBONE" (Action against Carbon) association a sum of money proportional to the release of CO2 produced by the delivery of orders.
A wine producer’s job can only be complete if it is based on careful consideration of the impact of his or her activities on the environment.
In real terms:
Forecast outline of activities planned over 5 years.
In terms of production activity:
- Start of the conversion to organic farming: vineyard treatments with phytosanitary products approved for use in organic farming. Soil worked in such a way as to combat weeds without the use of herbicides. (2008)
- Connection of the domain to the district’s water treatment plant. (2008)
- Set up of sustainable wind or photovoltaic energy production equipment. (2009/2010)
- Modification and improvement of our buildings’ insulation and lighting system to save electricity (2009/2010).
- Set up of a rainwater recovery system. (2009/2010). Use of rainwater for vineyard treatments.
Reduction of water consumption through the replacement of wooden vinification vats with concrete vats.
- Creating an area for washing sprayers with a holding tank for phytosanitary effluents or direct treatment in a « phytobac ». (2009/2010)
- Exclusive use of corks made of natural cork.
- Review and management of the movements of the domain’s tractors and vehicles.
In terms of my selling activity
- Setting up a commercial website to reduce intermediaries and thereby the transport of goods. (2008)
- Choice of carrier: POSTAL SERVICE. The packages will therefore be handled by the postman who already comes daily to the domain’s doors and to those of the customer. (2008)
- Partnership with Yann ARTHUS-BERTRAND’s association. The domain HABRARD undertakes to donate to the “ACTION CARBONE” (Action against carbon) Association a sum of money proportional to the release of CO2 produced by the delivery of cases.
- Everyday use of environmentally friendly products: paper, ink, envelopes, labels and capsules, ... (June 2008). Endeavor to select suppliers with a certified eco-label, whenever possible (« imprim'vert » for printers for example).
We would want to say in a few years time that our efforts were not completely superhuman.
That it was simply enough to sit, think and act to minimize the impact of our activity.
This, for the benefit of the wine producer, consumers but also, and above all, of the elements which have surrounded us for so long: earth, water and air.
General sales terms and conditions - Legal information - Contact us - Trade press - Payment / Delivery - Site map - Acknowledgements/links
Crozes-Hermitage - Hermitage - Saint-Joseph
Domaine HABRARD - 7, route des Blancs - 26600 GERVANS (Drôme). Crédit photo : © benjamin d' huyvetter -- © CDT Drôme
"Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, please drink in moderation."